TMJ Treatments | Get Your LIFE Back!
- Bite Force Analysis — this TruDenta technology is able to analyze and display the different forces at play in your mouth and jaw, right down to how much pressure is exerted by each individual tooth.
- Range of Motion Analysis — TruDenta’s ROM system measures any abnormal or restricted movement in your head and neck in order to narrow down potential causes and create a specialized treatment plan.
Reduce the Pain
- Pain relievers may be helpful, as well as sedatives or muscle relaxants to reduce tension in the jaw. Tricyclic antidepressants are also occasionally used for pain relief.
- When dealing with chronic pain it is important to be mindful of side effects and take them under the supervision of a professional — dangerous liver and stomach issues can result from overuse of over-the-counter pain relievers, as well as the side effects inherent to prescription medications.
- Injections of botulinum toxin (“botox”) directly into the jaw muscles are sometimes considered, but this approach is not FDA approved for TMJ problems and may have permanent and negative effects on bone density and muscle tissue.
Surgery Is Not Recommended
Any drastic changes to the mouth and jaw are considered to be controversial at best — the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research recommends that surgery to correct TMJ issues be avoided whenever possible.
TruDenta Treatment System
- TruDenta’s different technologies work together to reduce pain and inflammation from the very first session, with the end goal of creating a complete and lasting resolution of symptoms
- No injections and no medications means no unpleasant side effects
- The whole-body approach combines state of the art ultrasound, cold laser, microcurrent, and trigger point manipulation techniques